Well, it's that time of the year again when everyone thinks of hearts, cards, flowers, and chocolate. And yep, it's the time when all the single young ladies regret the fact that they don't have a"Prince Charming" for their princess heart. Yes, I will admit that I fall into this category of sighing young woman. I wonder (not just on Valentine's day) when that special young man will come into my life. But here's the thing, I don't want to waste my single years by sitting around and waiting until the "Mr Right" comes into my life. I want to use this time, that God has given me, to serve Him, I want to do things that make an impact for His glory, and not my own. Right now also, is the time that I should be using to grow closer to my Heavenly Lover. He cares more about my heart and feelings then any man will. And Jesus Christ wants to have a divine romance with me right now! So, instead of sitting around moaning until my earthly man comes, I'm learning how to fall more passionately in love with my Savior! He wrote me the sweetest love note of all time: the Bible.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are
mine." Isaiah 43:1
"I am the Lord; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you. Isaiah 42:6


"Our girlish passion for Mr. Right can become either our poison or our prize. This craving for human companionship we all feel as young woman can prove to be either our undoing or the key that unlocks all the beauty and dazzle of life. We long for a chivalrous prince. We make one of the most defining decisions of our lives when we choose
where to look for him. If we choose to look among the noble men of this earth, our girlish passion quickly becomes our poison. But if we look to fulfill that craving by giving our lives to our gallant Heavenly Lover, we find both the key to unlock an eternal love life with Christ and the key to unlock amazing earthly love with a noble husband-to-be."
From:
"Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy
3 comments:
Thank you for this post. I too fall into such a category, as the one you described...Without Jesus, I would be so hopeless, but with him I am content to wait. And I trust HIM for who he will bring into my life. :)
Beautiful Alena.
I feel the same way.
Mm, so true Alena. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment