From where Stella was sitting she could see that the young man was smiling as he made his way up to the tree. “Oh bother!” Stella thought as she tried to climb out of sight. Suddenly in her scrambles she lost her grip on the branch she had been holding and screamed as she went crashing through the branches. She hit the ground with a thud. Stella groaned as she picked herself up but almost fainted from the pain in her left arm. She tried to stop her fall by stretching out her arm but the result was a broken wrist. She slowly sat up and pushed her thick, dark brown hair out of her face. Her best dress was now torn at the hem and stained from blood and dirt.
The young man came rushing to her side and began to help her up while asking if she was hurt badly. But being a little hasty he grabbed her broken wrist and gave a hard pull to hoist her up. “Ouch! Oh, do stop! Let go of me!” Stella screeched as she wacked at the man with her free hand. She stood up and glared at up the stranger in front of her, he was very tall, with black hair and dark blue eyes. “I am so sorry, did I hurt you?” He asked as he rubbed his beaten arm. “You only wrenched my aching wrist, I wouldn’t be surprised if it is now broken.” Stella sniffed as she turned to go to the house. “No, wait, I would like to speak with you.” He said as he grabbed her hand to prevent her from going. “STOP! Let GO!” She yelled as she furiously kicked his leg. “My apologies” He said as he suddenly realized what he had done for the second time. “Um… I had better go… I am very… sorry for my clumsiness …I do hope it heals quickly.” But Stella was too annoyed to forgive and stomped up to the house. She looked out the window to see him mount his black steed and gallop down the dirt road.
Stella made her way to her father’s office in tears from the pain in her wrist. She found her father there mixing some sort of medication for a patient he would be going to visit (he was one of the best doctors in the area). At the sight of his pale daughter he dropped what he was doing and had her sit in a chair. As he made preparations to set her sprained wrist she explained to him how it had happened, and how that “wretched fellow” had been the cause of all her troubles. Her father looked very grave as she told him all of this. Then he said “My dear, I am sorry you had to meet him in such a terrible way, for he is none other than the grand duke’s son. And he came this afternoon to ask your hand in marriage.”
Stella gasped with horror beyond belief. “You mean to say I kicked a man of royalty! I wonder what the penalty is for that! Do you think he left to get police, so they will now come and hang me?” Looking at her father with wide eyes, Stella thought of all the terrible punishments he could bestow upon her.
Her father smiled. “I don’t think he is interested in killing you…
I love people's comments! Tell me what you think should happen next. Thanks again to J.S. for her wonderful help! ~Lady Florimel~
4 comments:
Oh dear, I really don't know what should happen next!! Good story though. :D Keep writing!! :)
~Queen Lucy~
That would be awesome to have a "Jane Austen evening" or something like that. ;) :D Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't at soccer!! If I had known you were going to be there I would have asked Mom if I could come! :( I know how you feel though! That's how I've always felt watching them practice; that's sort of why I don't care to go to practice. I want to so badly to go out there and learn with them!!! :( But I have learned a lot just by watching. And playing soccer with the Mitchells and my siblings, too. :) That's fun. :) We need to get all the soccer families from church on our team together and play a big game with all the kids. :D That would be really awesome, although I am so bad! :P It WAS fun playing with the Mitchells and the Fishers at the Mitchells' house though. :) Oh and yes, I'll be at the games on Saturday!! :D I can't wait!
~Queen Lucy~
Oh, I love the part when he tried to help her but made her pain worse. It made me smile, it was sooooo funny and clever! I don't really know what sould happen left, you didn't leave it at a cliff hanger like the first time. But I think that you sould go back to the tree and the note that he left. She realized that the note must be from him, but now maybe he could leave her another note in the tree. Maybe you could do a chapter on the young man, and follow him and his thoughts about the girl for a chapter.
Hmm, that's a good idea, Lexi. :D
Yeah, Alena, I'll ask my mom if we can do that! I really want to learn to play soccer at least sort of well, but how can I if I never get to play?? :P So yes, we'll really have to do that! :D
Post a Comment